Thursday 8 September 2016

I ORIGINS - my fav.


Pictures on request i origins film

I've first seen this film about two years ago, when it was just released. That day I had to make a long journey from my homeland to Great Britain to get to school. Usually it takes about 9 hours to fly from Vladivostok to just Moscow, so I quite often get lots of personal time to think about stuff. 
So I took some coffee and sat comfortably in the plane seat. Switched on the TV and went to the section "New Films". 
As you can see from above, the advertisement banner for the movie is quite catchy! Personally for me, as I'm totally obsessed with eyes as you'll probably find out in my future blogs.
Anyway, I was charmed by that the nice orangy-blue eye and quite unique constraint name " I ORIGINS" , so I relaxed and pressed the the PLAY  button ...

and... it became my FAVORITE MOVIE!


Sure, the trailer, even nearly, would never-ever-ever give you an idea about what that film is about. It's not one of the "great-Oscar-films" with "super-unexpected-ending", but it definitely touches something inside you, what makes you worry, and cry, and laugh, and love. 
This story is close to everyone. The story of a person who tries to find the meaning in his life. An aim. And he keeps on mistaking, he loves, he loses, and I just totally can not find words to describe all sorts of emotions my soul had been experiencing during watching the film.

It was written by and directed Mike Cahil in 2014. 

I've also was totally in love with the casting for the film! Despite the great story line I've really enjoyed the way film was made: I loved the variety of shots, I liked the way the camera was moving and focusing - e.g at the moment when Ian's glasses had fallen down - the camera's focus was unclear - it makes the audience feel like we have the lost our glasses.

Also, I really liked the casting for the film. The beauty and looks of the actors are quite unusual, what transfers into their actions, emotions and monologues.

Michael Pitt - he plays the main male role of Ian in the movie, and I'm totally in love with him!

The main female role of Sofi is played by the Astrid Berges-Frisbey. She is actually very pretty in real life, but in that film she plays a role of incomprehensible ordinary girl, so her beauty has not been disclosed fully, in my opinion.



I'm absolutely obsessed with love stories, where I can see the variety of emotions people feel towards each other, where during the film I can BELIEVE that characters are totally in love. And I think it's quite hard to transfer this fragile feeling to the audience without exaggerating it. That's why I'm so in love with this film - it was just absolutely adorable to watch the Ian and Sofi couple.



The best thing about the film is that it's not a "soap opera", there are other deep connotations hidden inside, rather than only love. This film is about science, about how each person is unique by his eyes, about surprises and mysteriousness of life.
There are lots of moments where you just go " Wow, really? ", because the the plot line keeps you intense every single moment.
Coming to the end, I've attached "Behind the scenes" video, which I personally find very interesting. Mike, the director of the film, explains how they have found unique eyes to film the movie (Astrid has more than one color per eye) and how they edited same eyes to the little girl, who supposed to have Sofi's eyes due to the plot.
But I recommend you to watch a movie first, so the "Behind the scenes" would make sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment